||Cyber Security Engineer
|Aero Simulation, Inc.
|| Joining Date
|| Revision Date:
|| Employment Type:
|| Manages Others:
|| Years of Experience:
||3- 5 years
||BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Requires familiarity with information assurance/security in a DoD environment.
- Requires familiarity scripting in both Linux and Windows environments (BASH/Batch).
- Application of network and system architecture design principles and concepts.
- Use of industry standards, emerging technologies, and innovative solutions.
- Hands-on action with security auditing tools, common protocols, enterprise backup and recovery, log aggregation.
- Routine hardening of MS Windows and Red Hat Linux systems in accordance with NIST Special Publication 800-53.
- Collaborative involvement with project engineers to merge security baselines with their functional simulation subsystem software and mitigate any consequential operational or performance issues.
- Involves writing technical procedures, interpreting and compiling vulnerability audit results, and putting together technical document packages used to obtain DoD IA accreditation.
- Varies between a collaborative group setting and working alone with no supervision.
- Demands strong communication and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Entails implementing and deploying various server applications, e.g. enterprise back-up, centralized update services, HBSS/ACAS in a multi-platform environment.
- Continual attention to detail.
- Likelihood of tasks involving Hyper-V, McAfee ePO/ HBSS administration, Windows Server 2012 R2 & Windows Server 2016 administration.
- Must currently hold DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
- CompTIA Security + and /or CISSP associate.
- Experience with all MS Windows Operating Systems.
- Proficiency with Active Directory administration and Group Policy Object creation and deployment.
- Familiarity with common protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, Syslog.
- Centralized deployment and administration skills.
- Understand SCAP/OVAL Benchmark, SecurityCenter/Nessus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen AND able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- ASI is Drug-Free Workplace so candidate must be able to pass entry and random drug testing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Available to perform travel from time to time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Cyber Security Engineer, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI will provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and
recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any
qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable
accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and
assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.