- Requires familiarity with information assurance/security in a DoD environment.
- Requires familiarity scripting in both Linux and windows environments (BASH/Batch).
- Application of network and system architecture design principles and concepts.
- Use of industry standards, emerging technologies and innovative solutions.
- Hands-on action with security auditing tools, common protocols, enterprise backup and recovery, log aggregation.
- Routine hardening of MS Windows and Red Hat Linux systems in accordance with NIST Special Publication 800-53.
- Collaborative involvement with project engineers to merge security baselines with their functional simulation subsystem software and mitigate any consequential operational or performance issues.
- Involves writing technical procedures, interpreting and compiling vulnerability audit results, and putting together technical document packages used to obtain DoD IA accreditation.
- Varies between a collaborative group setting and working alone with no supervision.
- Demands strong communication and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Entails implementing and deploying various server applications, e.g. enterprise back-up, centralized update services, HBSS/ACAS in a multi-platform environment.
- Continual attention to detail.
- Likelihood of tasks involving Hyper-V, McAfee ePO/ HBSS administration, Windows Server 2012 R2 & Windows Server 2016 administration.
- Must currently hold DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certifications.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
- CompTIA Security + and /or CISSP associate.
- Experience with all MS Windows Operating Systems.
- Proficiency with Active Directory administration and Group Policy Object creation and deployment.
- Familiarity with common protocols, e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, Syslog.
- Centralized deployment and administration skills.
- Understand of SCAP/OVAL Benchmark, SecurityCenter/Nessus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen AND able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- ASI is Drug Free Workplace so candidate must be able to pass entry and random drug testing.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Available to perform travel from time to time.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense Security clearance.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Cyber Security Engineer, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.