The Data and Configuration Management (CM) Specialist will support Systems Engineering and is responsible for control of the technical configuration of project assets using established processes for organization of individual configuration items, software change control management, software build, software baseline release, data management, configuration status accounting, and configuration auditing in accordance with internal standards.
- Support configuration management planning
- Help develop maintain program configuration management plan(s) based on customer requirements and internal CM processes
- Apply program stipulations for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits
- Adhere to the established change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into released product and documentation
- Assist engineering in the software build process followed by manual or automated media creation
- Manage the software release process for various developmental environments
- Perform software baseline merge tasks in support of the programs test and evaluation phases
- Work with IT to administer and maintain version control software
- Support software quality assurance process and audits
- Handle identification, posting, marking, retrieval, organization, and storage of engineering documentation, customer documentation, military specifications, and industry specifications
- Coordinate and participate in Configuration Control Board (CCB) activities
- Coordinate and participate in Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) activities
- Assist with CDRL/SDRL (Contract Data Requirements List/Subcontract Data Requirements List) internal development or deliveries to customers when necessary
- Support internal audits, customer audits, and performs follow up corrective action when necessary
- Minimum Associates Degree along with technical background in a hardware and software development environment or equivalent experience
- Ability to obtain and retain a Department of Defense Security clearance
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to earn the CompTIA Security + certification within 60 days of hire
In addition, the Data and Configuration Management (CM) Specialist will benefit from familiarity with the following standards and guidance:
- Military Handbook MIL-HDBK-61A (SE), Configuration Management Guidance
- International Standard ISO/IEC/IEEE 12207:2017 Systems and software engineering — Software life cycle processes [Specifically clauses 6.3.5 (CM Processes) and 7.2.2 (Software CM Processes)]
- IEEE Std 828-2012 IEEE Standard for Configuration Management in Systems and Software Engineering
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS)
- TechAmerica Standard EIA-649-B Configuration Management Standard (American National Standards Institute approved as ANSI/EIA 649-B-2011)
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen AND able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- ASI is Drug Free Workplace so candidate must be able to pass entry and random drug testing.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Available to perform travel from time to time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Configuration/Data Management Specialist, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.