- Provide technical computer support, such as configuration, installation and troubleshooting of computer hardware and software. Provide support to IT users for all aspects of end-user computing and desktop based software. Participate in the testing and evaluation of new hardware and software. Support mobile work force. Document solutions to problems and develop end-user guidelines.
- Perform computer hardware, software and peripheral setup, installation, and configuration (i.e. monitors, keyboards, etc.).
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Utilize workstation imaging software to streamline workstation deployment.
- Coordinate with facility staff for the installation, configuration, maintenance and ongoing support of printers.
- Respond to incidents concerning computer operation and apply troubleshooting principles and techniques to diagnose hardware, software and operator problems.
- Enter status and completion information for assigned tasks.
- Perform troubleshooting of connectivity problems with LAN connections, WiFi, air cards, or VPN connections.
- Assist with hardware asset inventory control assessments.
Implementation of industry-standard Information Security concepts in support of Company and contractual requirements.
- Collaborate with IT Manager and/or Sr. System Administrator to determine necessary changes required to support business requirements.
- Knowledge / Skills Requirements / Preferences:
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and DNS
- Familiarity with Office 365
- Familiarity with network troubleshooting and Ethernet switch configuration
- Education Requirements:
- Minimum 2-year degree with a technical major (Required)
- Security+ CE certification, or the ability to achieve certification within six months (Required)
- Other technical certification or equivalent experience (Preferred)
- Day shift; however, responsibilities require working evenings on occasion and a rotating on-call schedule
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen AND able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- ASI is Drug Free Workplace so candidate must be able to pass entry and random drug testing
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Available to perform travel from time to time
- While performing the responsibilities of the Desktop Support Technician, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.