| Job Title:
|| Integrated Logistic Support
| Job Location:
|| Tampa, FL
| Employment Status:
|| Employment Type:
| Job Role:
|| Technical Documentation Development
| Salary Range:
|| Manages Others:
| Career Level:
|| Years of Experience:
| Security Clearance:
|| BA/BS in Technical Writing or English/ Equivalent Documentation Experience
- Research, write, and edit project documentation deliverables (e.g. Technical Reference Manuals, Procedures, System Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Instructor Utilization Handbooks, and Training System Support Document) in accordance with Data Item Descriptions.
- Execute all aspects of assigned projects, including planning, researching, writing, review process, coordination of other departmental resources, and publication.
- Work closely with product development teams to ensure accuracy and completeness of the information.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, mock-ups, and product samples to gain an understanding of the technology, operating procedures, and production sequence and detail that will form the basis for generating maintenance, operation, and logistics support content.
- Review published materials in order to recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Utilize manufacturers and trade catalogs, drawings, and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment.
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to best illustrate the material.
- Create illustrations to enhance specified materials or assembly sequences.
- Assist with creation, duplication, and distribution of material.
- Learn to perform Reliability & Maintainability predictions.
- Produce Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Reports.
- Provide spares provisioning and inventory management support
- Assist with parts database content management.
- Detail & process-oriented.
- Work efficiently in a highly regulated environment.
- Ability to analyze highly technical information.
- Convey information effectively.
- Ability to establish and sustain customer rapport.
- Interact well within a team environment.
- Aptitude to meet established deadlines.
- Writing style that focuses on order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Proficiency in using MS Office, Visio, XML documentation, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Technician or hardware design background, basic familiarity with CAD, or understanding of electrical and mechanical principles would be beneficial.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Department of Defense Security clearance.
- The candidate must be able to work in small, confined spaces (simulator cockpits).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use hands and fingers, to handle or feel, and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Available to perform travel from time to time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Technical Writer, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.