- Manage day-to-day IT infrastructure
- Assist in network design and implementation
- Provide helpdesk support for network issues and respond to requests for IT support
- Implement and monitor network/system security
- Perform system and software updates
- Audit system logs for unauthorized access/system use
- Install, test, and monitor switches, servers, Virtual Machine clusters, firewalls, and new software
- Analyze and isolate system malfunctions
- Maintain network connectivity of all computers and servers
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades
- Administer user accounts and permissions within a domain environment utilizing Active Directory
- Develop, implement, and manage Group Policy Objects
- Train users on the proper use of hardware and software within the environment
- Draft highly technical procedural and informational documents
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as computer science, engineering, information systems, etc.
- Security+ certification required within 6 months of employment.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen AND able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- ASI is a Drug Free Workplace so candidate must be able to pass entry and random drug testing.
- Windows Server administration and desktop support preferred
- Network administration and firewall management experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication with technical writing experience preferred
- Familiarity with the DoD Risk Management Framework preferred
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Must be able to establish and maintain multiple priorities
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Available to perform travel from time to time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the (Network Administrator), the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.