| Job Title:
| Job Location:
|| Tampa, FL
| Employment Status:
|| Employment Type:
| Salary Range:
|| Manages Others:
| Security Clearance:
|| Active Secret or ability to obtain
|| BS Engineering
- Proposal technical responsibility from conceptual design to final delivery
- Overall program technical design responsibility
- Definition, technical management, coordination, and integration of all program efforts
- Ensure technical design meets fidelity of specification requirements and customer needs
- Conducts design reviews
- Primary customer technical interface
- Control of program hardware and software release processes
- Provides engineering support during the manufacturing phase of a program
- Overall hardware-software integration responsibility
- Program’s primary representative during in-plant and on-site customer acceptance
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in technical discipline or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years flight simulator project engineer experience or 8 years experience with the development of complex hardware/software systems
- Candidates must be able to effectively lead teams in a matrix environment, where programs must share functional resources.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Customer Relations skills are required.
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen, able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- ASI is a Drug-Free Workplace and the candidate must be able to pass an entry and random Drug Testing.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Required to communicate in English.
- Required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, and to manipulate keys on a keyboard.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Must be able to perform occasional overtime and alternate shifts.
- Available to perform travel from time to time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the Project Engineer, the work environment characteristics are representative of the office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate unless in a manufacturing area.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.