| Job Title:
|| Simulator Engineering Technician II/III
| Job Location:
|| Mobile, AL
Aero Simulation Inc.
| Employment Status:
|| Employment Type:
|| Direct Employee
| Salary Range:
|| Manages Others:
| Career Level:
|| Mid- Senior Level
|| Years of Experience:
|| 6-10 Years
| Security Clearance:
|| Must successfully pass and maintain a National Agency Check (NAC) by the U.S. Government
||Two-year Electronics Technician/ equivalent experience
| Job Description:
- Performs operation, modification, and maintenance of flight simulators.
- Assist engineers with the design, development, integration, and testing of simulation models and corresponding hardware and software, for flight simulators.
- Troubleshoots and repairs hardware and software on complex training devices.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of training devices/support equipment including, but not limited to on- and off-equipment maintenance including troubleshooting and fault isolation, adjusting, removing, and replacing assemblies and components, correcting discrepancies, and performing pre and post-flight checks.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, on state-of-the-art equipment containing, at times, energized equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting of simulator components using system drawings, schematics, and documentation.
- Assists other Simulator Maintenance Technician IIIs and IVs with collateral duties as may be assigned, including supply, inventory control, training, and administrative procedures.
- Supports on-site engineers in modification activities.
- Prepares computerized maintenance action reports and other support documentation as may be assigned.
| A minimum of six (6) years of simulator operation and maintenance experience of which two (2) years shall be in the operation and maintenance of all major areas, systems, and subsystems of complex flight training devices. This time must be exclusive of formalized training.
- Graduation from a two-year Electronics Technician resident course at an accredited technical institute, or equivalent education and experience in a related field.
- Experience in designing, installing, documenting, testing, etc., software and hardware modifications to complex flight training devices is desired. Experience with CAD applications, programming languages, and Linux and Windows operating systems and applications is a plus.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of complex flight simulators, avionics/aircraft systems is desirable. Knowledge of and experience with simulators is a strong plus.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of complex computer, electronic and mechanical equipment is desirable.
- Possesses excellent communication skills, ability to deal with customers at all levels.
- Very good organization and time management skills to support multiple projects in parallel.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, team environment, or independently, as necessary, and be a self-starter who will resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Strong attention to detail and good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of common software programs used to communicate to others in an engineering environment such as Microsoft Windows Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
| Position Requirements:
- Must be a US Citizen and obtain a Department of Defense security clearance at the Secret level.
- Available for limited travel and occasional overtime
- Fluent in English
- The position will require off-shift working hours and is located in Mobile, Alabama
| Physical Demands:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Required to sit, stand, and walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel and manipulate keyboard keys, objects, or controls.
- Required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and to stoop and kneel. The employee must be able to ingress/egress from the simulator (which may require repeated climbing, crawling, and twisting movements on a regular basis).
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing essential functions the employee must have the ability to accurately read text on computer terminals, cable markings, trainer assemblies, and other equipment or written materials.
- The candidate must be able to work in small, confined spaces (simulator cockpits).
| Work Environment:
- The noise level ranges from low to moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI will provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodations wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not undue hardship for ASI.