| Job Title:
||Visual Database Modeler (VDM)
| Job Location:
|| Abilene, TX
|| Employment Type:
| Employment Status:
|| Manages Others:
| Salary Range:
|| Years of Experience:
|| Minimum 2 years
| Career Level:
|| Entry Level
1) Gaming or 3D Modeling Degree
2) Experience with developing 3D Visualizations
3) Experience with programming GIS Software
| Security Clearance
A Visual Database Modeler (VDM) is responsible for execution of ASI’s approach to the design, development, production and implementation of aircraft simulation content and publication processes. Synthetic Environment Designers develop and help define and manage ASI’s production processes for geospatial imagery, 3D models, elevation data, and terrain data, from source to final production.
- Performs the description, labeling, logging, and organization of source data relevant to the design, requirements, construction, and review of Synthetic Environments.
- Has familiarity with and utilizes multiple types of software tools to process data relevant to visual database handling and construction.
- Processes geospatial imagery for Out-the-window viewing, sensor, and radar; builds 3D models up to full scale airfields; works with ESRI Shape files for geospatial reference.
- Supports internal and customer review of visual databases and is aware of quality requirements and standards for geospatial imagery, elevation data, 3D Models, and overall visual databases.
- Communicates regularly with other visual team members and program team members about interface dependencies, schedule, and any issues that affect program support and progress.
- Typically receives detailed instructions on production efforts. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, and other personnel in department.
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of limited to moderate scope and complexity. Follows established policies and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answer can be readily obtained.
- ASI is a Drug Free workplace so candidate must be able to pass entry and random drug testing.
Qualifications and Experience:
- MUST be a U.S. Citizen AND able to obtain a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Geographical Information Systems, or other technical field or equivalent education or certification and 2 years work experience.
- Experience in the acquisition and manipulation of a wide variety of common aerial and satellite imagery, evaluation and vector data using tools such as Photoshop.
- Experience in creating moving and static 3D models, in software such as 3D Studio Max or Creator.
- Experience with GIS Software (ArcGis, QGis, Global Mapper) and imagery preparation and processing techniques.
- Experience developing scripts and automating processes.
- General knowledge in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Familiarity with additional tools and software to include Python, AutoCAD and Unity is a plus.
- Familiarity with working in Linux environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person’s physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.